Dr Steven Holding
The following is a list of education, teaching experience, and research publications by Dr Steven Holding
- Bachelor of Science – combined Honours in Mathematics and Physics, 1976-78
- 2A Honours in Physics, 1979
- PhD thesis: Geo-Physical Investigation of Newton’s Law of Gravity, completed 1985
- 1977-82 Resident Physics and Mathematics Tutor Kings College, University of Queensland
- 1983 Senior Tutor, Mathematics/ Engineering Mathematics – Kings College, University of Queensland
- 1985 Resident Physics and Engineering Tutor – Saint Johns College, University of Queensland
- 1986 External Physics and Engineering Tutor – Saint Johns College
- 1987-88 Specialist Tutor Engineering Mathematics – Queensland Institute of Technology, Brisbane campus
- 1989-1992 Senior Tutor/ Lecturer in Applied and Pure Mathematics; Mathematics Department, University of Queensland
- 1986-2018 College of Aeronautical Science – Research and Development of course material
- Honours Thesis – Computer Simulation of Cyclones and associated Storm Surges
- PhD Thesis – Inversion of 3-Dimensional Gravity data to reveal Subterranean Density Structure; Investigation of Newton’s Inverse Square Law of Gravity
STACEY F.D., TUCK G.J., HOLDING S.C., MAHER A.R., MORRIS D., Constraint on the Planetary Value of the Newtonian Gravitational Constant from the Gravity Profile in a Mine, Phy. Rev. D23, 1683-1692 (1981)
HOLDING S.C., TUCK G.J. A New Mine Determination of the Gravitational Constant, Nature 307, 714-16, (1984)
HOLDING S.C., STACEY F.D., TUCK G.J., Gravity in Mines – An Investigation of Newton’s Law Phy. Rev. D33, 3487-3494 (1986)
TUCK G.J., STACEY F.D., HOLDING S.C., MOORE GI Large Scale Measurements of the Gravitational Constant: A Summary Bull d’Information Bureau Gravimetrique International 59, 162-166 (1986)
STACEY F.D., TUCK G.J., MOORE G.I., HOLDING S.C., GOODWIN B.D., ZHOU R., Geophysics and the Law of Gravity Rev.Mod.Phys. 59, 157-174 (1987)
STACEY F.D., TUCK G.J., MOORE G.I., HOLDING S.C., GOODWIN B.D., Newton’s Law of Gravity and the Fifth Force Controversy, Australia Physicist 24, 133-136 (1987).
The current CASA syllabus for the Air Transport Pilots Licence, Flight Planning course is more than 40 years old.
I am currently researching and updated methods of teaching the ATPL Flight Planning Course.